Thread: Would it be possible to make "better looking google glasses"?

Associate Engineer

Would it be possible to make "better looking google glasses"?

Hi, I was looking at the latest news about the Google Glasses and I was thinking about doing kind of the same thing, but with a whole other design, exactly like sun or view glasses, the components would be inside the right branch, just like the G-glasses, but the owner would be able to change the lenses if he ever need it, because of his defective eyes. (Just an example!) It would also be able to connect to both Apple and Android devices, to reach an bigger audience. So, what do you say? Would it be possible?

Also, I am not recruiting to build a team, but if you are interested, any help is not refused...

Associate Engineer
    What sort of re-design where you thinking? looking at the Google glass, the have probably picked the most efficient design to house all the electronics. The only alternative can think of is to embed the components into the frame, which would most likely come at a cost of design/cost.

Another issue would be being able to connect to both Android and Apple; you're probably aware that Apple don't like to allow anything more than push notifications, which is quite annoying being an apple fanatic. so unless you turn the glass into a standalone unit, its going to be pretty pointless.