Thread: How do I represent load distribution on beam for equipment that is half out?

Rolleyes How do I represent load distribution on beam for equipment that is half out?

I am trying to make a FBD for equipment which is half out of the beam, I realise I can represent it with a single line of force.
    But how if I want to go for distribute load? which one is the correct one.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kelly_Bramble; 12-03-2015 at 06:55 AM.

None are correct. Is this homework?

No, this for work. I need to the Shear and Bending graph, however I need to the the FBD correct first, could you tell me which part that I need to be corrected?. here I attached FBD complete with reaction force due to fix. *ignore the wall, it not included in FBD.

We know the load cannot extend beyond the end of the beam, even if the supported mass does. But the beam still has to support the entire weight of the load. The actual force on the beam at the leftmost point of the load is virtually zero. The greatest force would be at the CG of the load. I would look for a solution for a linearly increasing distributed load (a triangle shape), rather than an evenly distributed load (a rectangle shape). The total area of the triangle shape representing the load distribution would be the same as the total area of the rectangle representing evenly distributed load. Frankly, if it were me I would just analyze it for a point load at the CG because that would be the worst case.

yeah, I am totally agree with you sir regarding assume it as point load which is more conservative.
    Thank you for your advice.