Thread: Polyrow Pumps

Associate Engineer

Polyrow Pumps

Hi! This is my first topic.
    My name is Egor, I am post-graduate student and working in the Moscow Power Engineering Scientific-Research Institute on the following topic. The objective of this topic was to find out if there is a possibility to organize collaboration of any kind in the scientific research. To explain the possible field more precisely, please see below the description of the area our department is currently working on.
    The nonconventional properties of the proposed operative parts types of pumps that were found out from the analysis, have the following characteristics. Introduction of multiple in-line systems in concurrently working operative pump parts allows to significantly lower the dimensional unbalance and large-scale unsteadiness of the flow that enters a working wheel, which occurs mainly fractional as well as overfeeds and low heads. This fact is mostly important in improving cavitation factors of a pump. Furthermore the level of the hydraulic deceleration losses is lowered that is a factor which improves efficiency and prevents undesirable attenuation of pressure-feeding characteristics for the supplies significantly lower than optimal. Also in case of triple "row" variant of the operative parts systems the dimensional unhomogeneity of the flow turns out to be of such a low level as a rule that the vanes of a wheel and steering diffuser blade can be of cylinder form.

The application of a multi-ordinance system of the lattices of operative parts is mostly effective in engineering aspect for axial hydraulic units and the reason is the following. In case of a usual mono-ordinance design of operative parts stage that consists of one wheel and one steering diffuser with specific speed 1.5-2.0 times higher than the same parameter in relevant systems in line wheels, it is complicated to provide uniformity hydrodynamic load for the boom of vanes of the wheel and impeller blades in the full operational range of the supply required under the condition of reduction of the inductive losses of the mechanical energy of the flow. Also, multi-ordinance design of the operative parts allows to improve the overall coefficient of condensate transfer pump delivery of the used axial flow pumps and also lower the intensity of the possible separation events in diffuser flow channel of a wheel and steering diffuser through their less longtitudinal length. We can also not that that first lattices in the lines of pump wheel function as abridged inducer, and increased hydraulic losses in the steering diffuser through increased absolute value of rates, are compensated by decreased values of the same parameter in the last lattices of a wheel because of the their comparably small level of relative rates in absolute values.

I would be grateful for your help in my research, and constructive criticism.
    Attached Images Attached Images