Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How to convert Ra readings

  1. #1
    Associate Engineer
    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    How to convert Ra readings

    I have a machining surface finish requirement of 125 and my surface finish tester only reads in Ra or Rz.
    Is there a conversion from Ra? My tester states the finish is .225Ra is this equal to or better than 125?
    Is there a website or conversion formula? Can you show me how?

    Please help.

    You can contact me at --- removed email
    Last edited by Kelly_Bramble; 11-10-2011 at 12:50 PM.

  2. #2
    Technical Fellow Kelly_Bramble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Bold Springs, GA
    Welcome to Engineers Edge!


    Surface finish review


    Surface Roughness Conversion - towards the bottom.

  3. #3
    Technical Fellow
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Betcha he does not come back to see that assistance Kelly. If they leave an email the lazy sods expect us to follow up with them for their work. Good luck with that lazy-people.

    I worry about the quality of Engineering people the Colleges are turning out these days. Bad enough we have few to none of the artisan-type machinists that can actually use a manual lathe or mill.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts