Thread: Hydraulic Jack 12 Volt DC - Engineering College Project, Need Suggetions.

Associate Engineer

Hydraulic Jack 12 Volt DC - Engineering College Project, Need Suggetions.

Hello,

I am here for some help. I have made a motorized 12 volt DC hydraulic Jack having 1000kg lifting capacity. The purpose of jack is to lift light motor vehicles. Now I want to make it more light and compact without change in lifting capacity. Also want to make it inbuilt option for lifting the vehicle when required. Any suggestion to make it slide under vehicle to use a single cylinder.

Further any suggestion for making it more compact and light weight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kelly_Bramble; 02-22-2016 at 07:09 AM.

It looks like you designed a 12 volt hydraulic pump - not a "Jack" with off-the shelf components.

Why not keep it simple like other designs...

For example:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kelly_Bramble; 02-22-2016 at 07:11 AM.
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

Your goal will be to find a way to enclose all the components within a single portable housing. Picture a single framework in your mind that will withstand the full force of the jack and have adequate internal volume to contain the tank, motor, speed reduction components, pump, valve, switch, and terminals. Try to combine functions so that individual components serve more than one purpose.

Associate Engineer
    I would make a frame and mount it in the trunk, one that just uncoupled to remove it.
    And put a longer hose on it.
    I would also do something to make it safer , like a larger base and a plate on the top that curved up slightly to keep from slipping.
    That looks like a disaster waiting to happen!