Thread: Anyone know where i can get one of these?

Anyone know where i can get one of these?

tank.jpg

I need some kind of copper pipe approximately 7" in length reducing down to 1/2" in diameter like in the attached image. Anyone know where i can get hold of something like this? does it have a name?

Thanks.

Technical Fellow
    Are you building one or many? You could make that all from standard copper tube. I'm too lazy to calculate what diameter and length you would need to give you the main tank volume, but then just use two of these for the correct tube sizes.

http://tinyurl.com/856jauz

If it was made specifically to your requirements from flat sheet copper, I would call it a reducing cone.

i see. yes i only want one. And these would need to soldered together i assume. Hmm. ok ill see if i can find someone to do this for me. Thanks for your help

Technical Fellow
    Quote Originally Posted by gs4492 View Post
    i see. yes i only want one. And these would need to soldered together i assume. Hmm. ok ill see if i can find someone to do this for me. Thanks for your help
    Thanks for getting back to us. You may need to use a range of them depending on how big the "tank" tube is. If you start at 2" then it is unlikely that you would get a 2" to 1/2" reducer. You may have to go 2" to 1" then 1" to 1/2".

It would be quite simple to do the soldering as it can be done with a small simple Propane blow torch. Some fittings already have the solder in a small bead swaged into the joint so it is just a matter of smearing some flux-paste, pushing the joint together and heating it. Also you might search for "cold soldering" where they use an adhesive to make the joint. Possibly a Cyanoacrylate but I have never used it, but might be worth a look-see.

Is this a component from existing system you are trying to replace, or is it something new you are trying to build? What is the application?