Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Does this mechanism have a name?

  1. #1
    Associate Engineer
    Join Date
    Jul 2016

    Does this mechanism have a name?


    I'm brand new to this forum and even 'amateur' mechanical engineer is a term that I would use for someone way above my skill level so I apoligise in advance if I write something silly or break a forum rule or etiquette.

    I'm trying to find out if this sort of mechanism has a name. The black bit is a slot and the yellow bit represents a pin or similar.

    If you had these either side of a drawer, the pins mounted to the drawer and the upwards curve at the front, then the drawer would pull out straight for a while then lift up at the last point before dropping in to the little valley so that it doesn't slide back down without some effort from the operator.

    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gunk; 07-01-2016 at 12:47 AM.

  2. #2
    Technical Fellow jboggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Not aware of a particular name for that design feature, other than a "guiding slot".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts