Thread: NAAMM AMP510-92 questions.

Associate Engineer

NAAMM AMP510-92 questions.

Hello, is any one familiar with using this book for stair design.NAAMM AMP510-92 I have a few questions I'm hoping one of you fine people could help me with.

I'm familiar with stair design in general, if that's any help?

Associate Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    I'm familiar with stair design in general, if that's any help?
    Perhaps I could explain my job. I am a Tekla Modeler and Detailer for the structural steel and misc. steel industry.
    When I draw stairs I like to run some "safe" calcs to make sure what I am doing is sufficient. I find most of the Architects I deal with do not know stairs well. The Manual I described is for load checking stairs.

The way I was taught at my old job was inconsistent. I can follow the formulas and collect the data. I am not 100 percent clear on what to do with the data and whether or not my approach is correct.

What I am looking for is someone to help coach me along. My goal is to specialize in Stairs and rails.

Alot of times after we do the drawings we send it to a PE. The safe calcs are to get me close so I dont have alot of changes. I dont know where to find the help so any help would be good. Thanks for your time.

What I am looking for is someone to help coach me along.
    What you reasonably expect get from an engineering forum is answers or suggestions to specific questions. If you want extensive training or mentoring, you should inquire about training or books you should study.

Here's your referenced document..
    NAAMM Stair-Design.pdf

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

What Kelly said.

Stairs are one of those things that can really simple, or generate 4 days worth of complicated work. If there's anything specific I can help with, then I'd be happy to.