Thread: Air Pressure

Associate Engineer

Air Pressure

Does anybody know the cause of moving air being a lower pressure than still air, as in the wing of an aircraft. Richardgrant

Associate Engineer
    Bernoulli theory does not explain why moving air is a less pressure than still air. Richard Grant

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by richardgrant View Post
    Bernoulli theory does not explain why moving air is a less pressure than still air. Richard Grant
    OK, then what does?

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernoulli%27s_principle

Scroll down and read the paragraph titles "Misunderstandings about the generation of lift"

Associate Engineer
    Walter Russell explains that the source of all energy in the universe is the desire of the creator to balance His expressions. Moving air seeks to find balance with air that is of a lower pressure which is up. Richard Grant

The "God's Will" Theory... I'm thinking Walter Russel might have stole that theory from an episode of SNL? (Saturday Night Live)
    Works for me...!!! In fact I use that one all the time. There's no arguing that one! Saves getting into all those sticky intricate details that just muddle up in my brain.

(Humorous intent only... just joking around...)

Technical Fellow
    Yeah, I passed on commenting when this was first posted. The answer to the question would require a life-time of study. Even then, you would still end up with a natural phenomenon with no explanation.

Why -- IS -- there air?