Thread: Help with assignment Industrial Design

ayamegadeth69

Confused Help with assignment Industrial Design

Hello,
    I am trying to get accepted to Industrial Design college, and they gave me a very challenging assignment to make.
    The subject is a rubber band-it can be any kind of elastic band (hair,office etc.)
    and the purpose is to make an object (no matter from what material, but something not too big) that can be used, and is not usable without the elastic band-this should be the main function of the object. Note that it can't be just an ornament, but a functional object-like you obviously should make as an Industrial Designer.
    I would really appriciate if you could give me a clue or at least some lead on this. I am thinking about it all the time but still can't find a lead.
    Thank you so much!

"Desing"?

Materials required: 1 No. finger, 1 No. thumb. 1 No. Elastic band. Numerous sheets of paper for fabricating ammunition.

Method: Tear small pieces from 1 No paper sheet and fold until thickening limit is reached. Place rubber band over thumb and index finger. Open hand to induce tension on the band. Place folded paper equidistant from thumb and index finger with the paper folded around the band. Retract and release.

Primary Function: Annoying girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    Materials required: 1 No. finger, 1 No. thumb. 1 No. Elastic band. Numerous sheets of paper for fabricating ammunition.

Method: Tear small pieces from 1 No paper sheet and fold until thickening limit is reached. Place rubber band over thumb and index finger. Open hand to induce tension on the band. Place folded paper equidistant from thumb and index finger with the paper folded around the band. Retract and release.

Primary Function: Annoying girls.
    and we have a winner!
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

It was either that or the rubber band ball. The ball method got a bit wordy.