Thread: Avrami equation help

Associate Engineer

Avrami equation help

Good evening

I am after some help. I have a set of tensile results that I need to produce a graph using the avrami equation. Would somebody be able to give me some tips of where to start. I cant figure out how the results would fit into the equation

kind regards
    James

The JMAK gives you the fraction of transformation and a time interval so, I suppose, an x-y type of graph could be the simplest form.

Associate Engineer
    Thanks for you reply, I am just unsure how to go about this, I obviously have time / load / extension for the tensile test.

How does this fit into the avrami equation y=1-e^kt(^n)? I 'm guessin t=time, y=extension, if that's right how do I find K & n?

thanks
    James

If you have test data just create a x and y column then a line graph in excel. The Avrami Equation will normalize the selected data given not report exact data.
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

Associate Engineer
    so the x / y graph would be stress strain as per normal way to show tensile results? As the avrami is fraction of transformation vs growth (nucleation). How do I change a graph to show this if that's the case?

regards
    James

You need a sufficient number of x y data for the stress train curve.. That's all - extrapolation should be OK for gap in the data.
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

Associate Engineer
    is this not what a avrami curve is? if so how do you convert stress/strain to this? Unless I've got it completely wrong.

regards
    James
    Attached Images Attached Images