Thread: How would I go about manufacturing this part?

atomictank2001

How would I go about manufacturing this part?

I'm fairly certain this wouldn't be made out of 1 piece of sheet metal, so what would be the best way to manufacture this? What machinery/processes would I use, and how would I go about bending all the metal?

Below are a few pictures of the part along with a download link to the STEP file. The part uses 0.75 mm (22-23 gauge) mild steel.

**link removed**

4 views.PNG

section.PNG

What volume/many are needed? 3D sintering (metal) printing or high volume casting with post machining.
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

atomictank2001
    I only need 1, possibly more in the distant future but definitely no type of rapid manufacturing needed.

One might able to machine it..
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

alice_r
    0.75 mm (22-23 gauge) mild steel -- That would be tricky to machine on a lathe. It might not seem to you, but it could be done on a deep draw press in production. Depending on the application, if you have an option to play with the dimensions (thickness) than we can think of different ways to machine it.

Associate Engineer
    For the upper cylindrical part, fold it around a die of desired dimensions

For the conical part, stary with a flat sheet metal, punch the holes in their appropriate locations, deep draw it with a die of the right shape, then join all pieces with bolts, or welding. Joining process will depend on end usage of part