Thread: Need a career advice

anumasif

Need a career advice

I am graduated in electronics engineering 10 years ago..i am a housewife n mother of 3 kids.i want to do something in my field now as my kids r grownup but its a long gap.where shall i start.i live in UK n here women r less in engineering field compare to men.my husband tell me to change my field and go for teaching profession as engineering job would b difficult to cope with kids..but i want to try my luck into engineering.please advice what shall i do
    Last edited by anumasif; 09-16-2018 at 07:28 PM.

First you said
    as my kids r grownup
    Then you said
    change my field and go for teaching profession as engineering job would b difficult to cope with kids
    Are your kids grown up or not?

Pursue the career you want, see what happens and then adjust your goals accordingly. Also, it appears that your English communication skills are weak, you might consider brushing up of your writing skills.

anumasif
    No my kids r at primary school age.not in teens ,he think in teaching timings r much more convinient as compared to any industry job,yes i need to work little bit on my english language but i am asking here where shall i start to get into field

I agree with Cragyon, try for a job that meets your goals and long term career aspirations and see what happens. Adjust your approach as you learn what is available and possible.
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

Associate Engineer
    I agree! You should choose whatever career you want to pursue. Just try to adjust everything for what you want.

Banned
    That you said you are a mother of 3 kids then its really hard for you to do career in core field As due to field work you cant concentrate on your Kids..So it is better to choose teaching profession, Because it is also very goof field..and as you choose this then you can take care of kids as well

Engineer
    Adjust your approach as you learn what is available and possible.

Banned
    You should analyse what career you are more interested in.

Associate Engineer
    first of all you have to see all the aspects of working, you've graduated since a long time, you had to start again with some preparatory course to get in touch with your field again, take some book on electronics engineering and read it.