Thread: Importance of Professional courses

Banned

Importance of Professional courses

Why we need to take professional certification courses after completing graduation degree? Why it is become a need of industry?

Because qualification is not equal to competence. As demonstrated by every fresh graduate, ever. And yes; that included me.

Quote Originally Posted by mangal_shekar View Post
    Why we need to take professional certification courses after completing graduation degree? Why it is become a need of industry?
    To demonstrate competency in a specialized field, application or technology. A formal education does to ensure one is prepared within a particular field.
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

Associate Engineer
    in order to upgrade yourself with latest tools and technologies it is necessary to take some professional courses, it gives an extra edge to your CV,

andersonwil90
    It's a process in making sure you know what you study and knowing more about it.

To stay current in your field with changes and get additional **********al training. For instance, an electrical engineer may have an engineering degree but he gets a job at a manufacturing facility managing electric power assets. Maybe he would need additional training in load tap changer inspection or using dissolved gas analysis in transformer management. There also are additional industry certifications you can earn. Everyone should continue to professionally develop in their field. It doesn't end when you get a piece of paper saying that you graduated from college. In 25 years after graduation, there are tons of changes in the industry with technology, the Internet of Things, automation, regulations, etc. For transformers, infrared, ultrasound, smartgrid and EMSDs are examples that I can think of.

Because only graduation is not sufficient getting jobs. You have to be up to date in the particular field and I think Professional courses help in increasing the skills and help you to gather more knowledge regarding the latest technologies in that field. This can also help you to get jobs according to your skills. I also have done a certified security professional course and this professional course help me lot to get a job in a reputed MNC.