Thread: Gyroscope acts as a speaker to your balance system, not cochela

Associate Engineer

Gyroscope acts as a speaker to your balance system, not cochela

I'm having the damndest time with my invention I came up with 2 years ago. A gyroscope microphone had already been thought of so I know a gyroscope speaker would work. does anybody on this forum have the expertise as to setting up a gyroscope speaker? I am lost as to what kind of a sensor a gyroscope uses and was just wondering if anyone has ever dealt with them before. I'm thinking maybe a bell style phone of one gyroscope to another?

A gyroscope speaker? Huh? You'll have to explain what you're seeing in your mind a little better. A speaker: a device which emits sound based on electrical input. A gyroscope: a mechanical device that tends to maintain its angular orientation in three-dimensional space based on the rotary motion of a spinning mass. OK, combine the two. I have a speaker that maintains its initial orientation. Why would I want it to?

Associate Engineer
    I have modified my gyroscope speaker invention. I now want to send the signal of one gyroscope acting as a microphone, through an amplifier and then used as the power source to a motor whose torque tugs on a second heavier gyroscope. This could be as simple as making an app for a phone or a minor setup with electronics. The use of a gyro speaker would be that the medium would be space not the air to transmit sound, and may play in your balance system rather then your cochlea creating a sensation of soothingness in the head when you have pain in your ears.

Your words are no clearer now than they were three years ago. Gyroscopes and microphones are completely unrelated devices. It appears you are trying to use a gyroscope as a microphone to pick up audible sounds and transmit them as electrical signals. Heck, I'm even confusing myself trying to say that. You are apparently serious about your intent. Start with the basics. What are you trying to accomplish? What problem are you trying to solve? Why?

Does anyone else have a clue?

Associate Engineer
    It is a real thing to use a gyroscope as a microphone. The speaker I've built is an untested invention. I'm looking around for someone with circuit board expertise. simple setup could be big bucks!

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrevor49 View Post
    It is a real thing to use a gyroscope as a microphone. The speaker I've built is an untested invention. I'm looking around for someone with circuit board expertise. simple setup could be big bucks!
    It's real but untested? ... Big Bucks.

I'm calling this nonsense..

Moved this thread to FOO - this does not appear to be legitimate..

Enjoy...