Thread: My Hypothetical Hypersonic Jet Engine (With No Moving Parts... Promise!)

My Hypothetical Hypersonic Jet Engine (With No Moving Parts... Promise!)

(Brief Description in 50 Words Or Less)

Features a bladeless jet engine design that consists of 0 moving parts. Compresses intake air via series of special designed air ducts utilizing principles of ‘air mechanics’. Brings the jet from stationary up to hypersonic speeds. Entire engine can be built using high temperature ceramics instead of expensive metals for better efficiency.

How It Works (In Principle):

Step 1: Surrounding Air Enters Front Compressor Inlet

Step 2: Air Is Compressed Via Combination Of Suction Either/Or Ram Effect

Step 3: Highly Compressed Air Is Injected With Jet Fuel Mix

Step 4: Explosive Expanded Air Exits Rear Section As Thrust

Step 5: Rear Section Consist Of Special Designed Air Ducts

Step 6: Special Air Ducts Creates A Perpetual Vacuum Chamber

Step 7: Vacuum Chamber Facilitates Air Suction At Compressor Inlet

Step 8: Goto Step 1

Step 9: Non-utilized Residual Thrust Energy Propels Jet Forwards

Why?

I’ve been sitting on my hypersonic jet concept for some time now. Have decided life is short and you never know what might happen tomorrow.

How?

Previously involved in renewable energy and how convert biomass waste into green energy. Was especially fascinated with idea of Brayton cycle technologies on how to utilize 'impure' biomass fuel instead of clean gas. Researched heavily into pipe duct driven combustion rather than advanced rotative fan blade technology.

Aim?

Let's SHARE-A-PATENT!

See "pulse jet engine", also called "RamJet" . First patented in 1867 by Russian inventor Nikolaj Afanasievich Teleshov.

You should educate yourself in existing jet and reciprocating engine technologies to have a point of reference.
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

Yes, just another version of a pulse jet engine. Nothing to see here folks, move on..

You have made some valid points, and I apologize if there might have been some perceived lack of clarity in my initial posting...

First point, pulse jets mostly in the hobby form that you are referring to have NO means of compressing air multiple folds in their current mode of operation whether valved or valveless. Because of that pulse jet cannot exceed speed of sound. Please read step 2 and step 3 of my jet design.

Second point, ramjets are unable to take off from stationary or 0 velocity and needs assist to bring it to mach speeds. Read my 50 word intro and you will see that my design (hypothetically) is able to take off from stationary to reach mach speeds without using assists like turbojet/ramjet or rocket/ramjet combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Bramble View Post
    See "pulse jet engine", also called "RamJet" . First patented in 1867 by Russian inventor Nikolaj Afanasievich Teleshov.

You should educate yourself in existing jet and reciprocating engine technologies to have a point of reference.
    Last edited by mellotango; 12-10-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cragyon View Post
    Yes, just another version of a pulse jet engine. Nothing to see here folks, move on..
    Pulse jet work in intermittent 'pulse' cycles. In contrast, turbojets work in continuous combustion cycles. I would like to think of my proposed design mimicking the latter...
    Last edited by mellotango; 12-11-2019 at 04:37 AM.