Thread: What is this type of spring clip called? and who makes them [images provided]

NZScout

What is this type of spring clip called? and who makes them [images provided]

Spring clip.jpg
    If anyone knows what this type of item is commonly refered to and who manufactures or supplies them please let me know.

Circular Spring Clip

Looks more like a spring bushing to me...?

I've never seen anything like that used as a retainer before, but I'm sure I could be wrong. The jigsaw puzzle-like connection makes me think this is the case. It doesn't offer much movement for getting into a groove.

We use a similar looking bushing in parts we manufacture for the heavy truck industry. The primary means of creating the desired size of the bushing I.D. is by the bore size it is installed in. They offer a little more forgiveness for fit for less critical applications. Little big on your hole and they'll still stay put but bore will be a bit bigger. Little small... smaller bore. Too small and you wrinkle them...

Try typing in spring bushing on your search engine and see what you come up with. If you strike out in your neck of the woods... I can ask our purchasing agent who we buy ours from.