Thread: Could electrolysis be an energy storage medium for our next energy future

Banned

Could electrolysis be an energy storage medium for our next energy future

Could electrolysis be an energy storage medium for our next energy future
    If we can decipher what causes a water molecule in saltwater to break apart, we can then re-unite the H2 and O releasing the heat in the reaction.
    How does DC current passing through saltwater cause this molecule to split apart-?
    Is it the frequency of the electric charge and if so can this same frequency be replicated by a similar means at less cost-?
    In the Hoffamn Electrolysis apparatus shown here, the water molecule splits apart and H2 goes one way and the O goes the other way. Where does this separation take place, in the center or the (+) side or (--) side?

But most importantly, can the explosive reaction create enough heat energy to make it worthwhile?
    For example, wind turbines produce energy when the wind is blowing but have no way to store this energy for later use. What if we used this excess electric energy to electrolysis seawater and store the hydrogen for future use-?
    Electrolysis.gif

Principle Engineer
    Water molecules are very polarized and are pulled apart by the opposite charges in the equipment you illustrate. It is a DC current not a frequency phenomenon.

You can store energy in this fashion. The problem is that while you can combine hydrogen and oxygen in a flash, it takes considerable time to disassociate the molecules by electrolysis. The reaction is pretty efficient, just slow.

BTW, isn't the cathode negative?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
    The problem is that while you can combine hydrogen and oxygen in a flash, it takes considerable time to disassociate the molecules by electrolysis. The reaction is pretty efficient, just slow.
    I’m just looking for alternative energy sources. I admit I’m just throwing pies on the wall just to see which one sticks.
    Finding a way to store wind and wave energy is just one of my failed hobbies.
    A lot of people here and elsewhere have been telling me that the gadget attached is unworkable; they have been correct. My calculations were just wrong. I have gone back and crunched the numbers once again.
    Attached is my latest version.
    This version only goes to a depth of 198 feet and it generates a pulling force of 1,016,183 pounds of upward pull, puling at an accelerating speed of over 4 feet per second. It’s the multiplying effect that I believe has potential. Before you shout out.,. STUPID.,.STUPID.,. idea and move on, please give me a hint as to why-?
    Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

You might look into fuel cells which use a form of electrolysis to create electricity.

Banned
    Hmm ... this is a very interesting question, because the energy problem in our world is very important. Without electricity, absolutely nothing is done in our world. Therefore, it is logical that we are completely dependent on the sources of this energy. But I do not agree with you that electrolysis is our future with you. I believe that the future is alternative energy sources, so I ordered a solar battery myself which I consider to be the best in the field of alternative source suppliers Energy is to design and manufacture portable, convenient, reliable, and safe energy products for everyone and every place. In this regard, I advise everyone to purchase alternative energy sources there