A pump station needs to raise 200,000 meters cubed of water to a resevoir 420 meters in height above the pump station. The water needs to be pumped in five hours during the night.
- What would be the flow rate required? (1)
The pipe used, after taking into account bends and fittings has an equivalent length of 480m and has a diameter of 2.2m. The friction factor for this pipe is 0.0650.
- What are the head losses? (2)
- What is the hydrualic power needed? (2)
- What would be the efficiency of the pipe? In other words what percentage of the hydraulic power is losses? (1)
- What is the Mechanical pwer required? (1)
f. What is the Electrical power erquired?
Is this homework?