Thread: Separation of particles using a rotating tilted open column with steady flow

Post Separation of particles using a rotating tilted open column with steady flow

I am working on a new project. The separation of particles using a rotating tilted open column with steady flow of a +/- 50-55% liquids to +/- 40-45% solids mixture.

I found the article below on the internet but did not see a reference to the author. If you know the author or consider yourself an expert in the field, please contact me.

In the improvement of a rotating tilted liquid column (RTC) method (closed and open-bottom column systems), we have developed a method for rapid selective separation of particulate materials in a continuous or semi-continuous process: a rotating tilted open column with steady flow (RSF) method. The separation power of the RSF method is represented as (aj/ai)n(RSF), where ai and aj are radii of particles with the same density. The power index n(RSF) will increase with increase of the column rotation ω within the practical range of 1.3 ⩽ Aω/V0 ⩽ 7, where A is the radius of the column and V0 is the free falling velocity of the particle.
    From the relationship between particle loci and distribution of liquid flow speed, we derive an approximate equation to calculate n(RSF) practically and demonstrate the relationship 2 < n(RTC) < n(RSF). Further, n(RSF) takes a maximum value at θ = 0° when ω is fixed, and it sometimes exceeds the upper limit (= 4) of n(RTC) in the RTC method.

Your Message

K.Shirane
    I.Aoki
    TakayukiTokimoto

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...3259108580019X
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.