hello. i'm new to the site and excited to tap into your all's knowledge and experience. i've read responses to other DIY projects and found them very clear and useful. the picture below is for a 3 tier snowmobile rack with the top tier being hoisted up and secured into place. a description of each circled item is below.
storage rack pic 1 - Copy.jpg
- 2000lb pulleys at each of the 4 corners
- 2000lb idler wheels mounted on a 3/4" galvanized steel pipe with 3/16" steel rope rated for 2640 lbs
(double pulley system)
- 2x4x12' base supports - 3 of them. Sides and middle
- 1" galvanized steel pipe to stiffen overall shelf.
- Forged eye bolt anchors mounted to a 1" angle iron at all 4 corners.
- These cable ends need to be mounted to something that will allow me to hook it to a 1500lb electric winch.
- Are there any concerns at all about this approach, and if so, what are they?
- What's the safest way to connect 4 cables to 1? Initial plan was to use a 1 1/2" angle iron.