Thread: CMM Training

Associate Engineer

CMM Training

I work in a Power Generation company as a QA Tech. We mostly do repairs of Hot Gas Path parts like Blades, Vanes and Transitions. My manager recently purchased a CMM and asked me to take care of the programming for future parts. I have no knowledge of CMM or programming. So this is a fresh start for me.

More info on the CMM:
    Hexagon Global S 12.15.10
    Software used - PC-DMISCAD++ and Autopath

My manager has put a lot of ***** in me. He said I can acquire whatever training wherever in the world I want. Yes, he said that.
    I'm super new to this and have no previous knowledge about CMM.

May I know what are the additional training that I will need to successfully program the CMM for the aforementioned parts?
    All tips and suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you!

The organization that sold your company the CMM should offer training. In fact there is usually a training course included with the purchase.

Contact them...
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Bramble View Post
    The organization that sold your company the CMM should offer training. In fact there is usually a training course included with the purchase.

Contact them...
    Not necessarily, if purchased from another manufacturing company this is what you get. If purchased from distributor than included training is negotiable and it involves higher cost.

PCDMIS training is usually 3 levels, level 3 includes scanning. You will definitely need level 1 and 2.
    But the most knowledge you will get by reading PC-DMIS user forum. I am not sure if links are allowed here so search for it.