Thread: Push Lever Folding Leg Mechanism

Associate Engineer

Push Lever Folding Leg Mechanism

Hello Everyone,
    I am Mechanical engineering Student, I am working on a Detachable warehouse cart design in which one leg of the Cart get folded and slide in into the main Frame. After looking on web i found that there is the same kind of mechanism used in Auto folding Ambulance stretcher, the problem is in my country these kind of stretchers are not common. Can anyone plz explain, provide the link, animation ,of How with a push of a liver the ambulance stretcher legs get folded and unfolded. so that I can Mimic that mechanism in my own CAD.

My Problem pic :

z.jpg

I think that a medical stretcher folding leg mechanism is more expensive and complete than you need -but I'll attach a document that could help.

I would consider a folding table leg design as follows and maybe add a simple supporting 4-wheel system to help roll the cabinet onto the table/structure.

695830GY_04.png

fbleg2.jpg

expo1.jpg

You can purchase these mechanisms pre-built.
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

Associate Engineer
    thank you for reply sir, but my issue is that the cart is movable and i want that just from the outer end the one person can easily side the cabin.

One would include wheels on the folding legs and maybe on the front loading position of the cart - like a Ambulance stretcher
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.