Hello!

I am a graduate mechanical engineering student taking a class on project design and development. As a part of this class, my team and I are required to correct a shortcoming in the market by developing a theoretical product/service that addresses these needs. To this end, we are allowed to reach out to others (virtually or in person) to gather
information regarding hypothetical customer requirements, desired functions, or specifications regarding the theoretical product.

My team and I have decided to design a product to easily dimension tools/parts and provide their standard sizes (such as when a tool may be too worn to read standard size engravings). An example application could include determining the metric or imperial classification of an old drill bit.

The purpose of this project is to gain experience in the preliminary steps of product design, when solution-neutral concepts must be formed by the intended market's input. As such, the exact properties of the product are purposefully left vague. If any of you has questions, additional comments, or require further clarification, please do not hesitate to reach out! I would greatly appreciate any information you would like to share.

Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Graduate student