Thread: Cleaning of conveyor belts

Cleaning of conveyor belts

Hello Engineers,

We have conveyors with rubberbands on it. It is getting dirty with sticky stuff like sugary liquid. We are washing it with hot water and it helps. But we need a solution so it does not get so bad between each time i wash it (every night).
    Having a nozzle spraying water is not an option. So i am thinking of brushes that will remove the dirt from the conveyor belt continusaly. Is there any types that are suggested for this task? Have been thinking of sponge you use for washing cars

Would a brush wiper contacting the belt clean it?
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

It will not effecially clean it, but it would take off the worst part so it does not get the time to dry

So I think you need maybe one brush and one wet wiper that are either in constant contact with the belt or on a schedule. Contact could be facilitated with a lever manually or automatically and contact maintained until the entire belt is wiped once or more as required.

Pick a location for contact that makes sense and maybe use a spring loaded mechanism to achieve the right contact pressure.
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

We have tried so, but the problem is that the it gets try to early and there is no easy access to water. We are now thinking of placing a watertank, so the problem might be solved
    Last edited by Kelly_Bramble; 11-22-2022 at 01:12 PM.