Thread: Heat Exchanger

Heat Exchanger

I'm working on a heat exchanger which has the purpose of cooling a semi-enclosed area. My question concerns how much the electronic devices in the enclosed area will increase the temperature. From what I remember of Thermodynamics, whatever the rated power consumption of the device is should be how much energy is in turn increasing the temperature of the area.
    I'm almost sure of my answer on this, but I'm looking for some backup as well, because one of the higher-ups is challenging this idea.

Banned
    I am new Here and I am just was to tell you somethings that may be your help. Your understanding is generally correct. The energy consumed by electronic devices will ultimately end up as heat, which will increase the temperature of the surrounding area. The amount of temperature increase will depend on a variety of factors, including the power consumption of the devices, the efficiency of the cooling system, and the size and ventilation of the enclosed area. To calculate the temperature increase caused by electronic devices, you can use the formula: ΔT = P/Q where ΔT is the temperature increase in degrees Celsius, P is the power consumption of the electronic devices in watts, and Q is the cooling capacity of the heat exchanger in watts. However, it's important to note that this formula is a simplified model and may not account for all factors that can affect the temperature increase. Additionally, some electronic devices may have more efficient cooling systems built in, which could reduce the amount of heat they generate. Overall, while the power consumption of electronic devices can be a good estimate of the amount of heat they generate, it's important to consider other factors and perform thorough testing to accurately assess the impact on the temperature of the enclosed area.