Thread: Heat source suggestions

Heat source suggestions

Hi all, I'm look for some help with a project and don't really know where to start.
    Any advice or points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated so I know where I need to start researching. Also if the opinion is don't waste your time, that's equally as helpful.

I've recently bought a new house with a west facing garden, the downstairs of the house is ridiculously cold, to the extent that the heating is on while we were sunbathing outside. We have a separate garage that is in the sun all day and gets extremely hot inside, therefore I am looking to see if there is a way to use this heat in the main part of the house. Any suggestion of the most economical way to do this would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I will of course be looking to address the cold house in other ways such as insulation, etc but I don't need help with that part.

Thanks in advance

First, let's define "ridiculously cold".. my basement is about 4-5 degrees F colder then upstairs and this is no problem.

What's the actual temperature, humidity and what does the "west facing garden" got to do with it or anything related?
    Last edited by Kelly_Bramble; 06-08-2023 at 01:20 PM.
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

When the outside temperature was 27 deg C the other day the downstairs was around 16 - 17 deg C, this is not a basement I'm referring to, this is our ground floor.

The west facing relevance is that a west facing garden carries the heat longer hence the reason I want to try and utilise it.