Thread: New Engineers Edge Hosting and Server Coming..

Cool New Engineers Edge Hosting and Server Coming..

Well, after the last server crash and resulting mess with the forum software, I have found a new hosting company and a hot-rod dedicated server. Technically, I like this forum software way better, however I am worried about another crash and an apparent lack of technical support.

Anyway, I have already migrated industrialbuzz.com to the new server for testing and to see how dependable the server and build is. The new server to way more advanced than this thing with a dual quad core Intel I5 cpu, 8 gigs of ram and a true set of raid hard drives.

Next, I will migrate engineeringmotion.com (the video site) and let it run to prove the server again.

With all this practice, I should be able to migrate engineersedge.com reasonably fast. The thing about engineersedge.com is that this site uses a bunch of special Unix operating system applications to run the variety of software here. Also, there are at least 25,000 individual webpages and millions of unique files on the server.

I do plan to prioritize which software gets up and running first - this forum will likely be the first thing...

Anyway, I will announce at least a couple of days in advance before I do this and the migration will occur over a weekend.

It might be a month before I do this, btw…

Talking

Ok folks, the video site has been moved to the new server. Still seeing some DNS resolving issues - however only time can fix this as the new ip address propagates throughout the worlds internet.

All that is left is this website - going to be fun.. I'm planning on trying to start early evening next Friday . Hopfully I will have most applications working by Monday.

Technical Fellow
    Will it all be my fault again if the transfer goes belly up? Anything mischievous I can do to accelerate blame in my direction.

Good luck Kerry, but be warned we old farts never sleep and old age and treachery will always out-do youth and enthusiasm. "Da-Duh-Da-Duh-..." <---"Jaws" music!! or would you prefer "The Twilight Zone," Wooo-eeee-oooh...?

Dave

Well, looks like the forum is working; I think.

Let me know if you have any problems with this thing...

I'm off to fix the other thirty things that are broken on Engineers Edge..

Technical Fellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Bramble View Post
    Well, looks like the forum is working; I think.
    Coises, foiled again!

Regards
    Oilcan Harry

Well, feel free to tell me what you did to OSCmmerce and Openx software?

Quote Originally Posted by PinkertonD View Post
    Coises, foiled again!

Regards
    Oilcan Harry

Technical Fellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Bramble View Post
    Well, feel free to tell me what you did to OSCmmerce and Openx software?
    Huh?? I run with Javascript turned off so I guess don't get to see those things.

It all looks fine to me.

OCH