Hello all!

I'm new to this forum and I'm glad to have found all of you SMEs* here!

I'm an enterpreneur who is toying around with the idea of building system to transfer a certain kind of 'waste' heat (about 600W-1000W of estimated heat) from the source, over a distance of 5-20 meters, to a relatively small sink, basically a manufacturing process that requires about 200 C on a 5x5 inch surface.

Before I head any further, I must probably make a brightly lit disclaimer that I'm a computer engineer by profession and an electrical engineer by education. While I have been brushing up my thermodynamics theory and it does seem theoretically possible to transfer heat from such a source to such a sink, I'm wondering what practical limitations I may have to face and some considerations I must make.

Specifically,

1. I'd expect the heat transfer will happen inside of a near-ideal insulator tube filled with a near-ideal fluid with high specific heat capacity. What such materials exist in the real world for the casing of the pipe and for the fluid?
2. Assuming that the sink's heating surface is made from suitable commodity material (like cast iron?) what kind of target temperatures can we expect to achieve, assuming 20m distance and a practically _near ideal_ heat transfer method and materials known?
3. How responsive** could this system be? What are the ways to make the system more responsive?

Thanks for reading through.

Cheers,

-Suraj

* One of the many (annoying) TLAs used in the software industry, SME is "Subject Matter Expert".
** The 'desired' high temperature should be achievable in the shortest amount of time, ideally in a matter of 10s of seconds.