Thread: i know it is engineering but not very sure which field ..

kee

Welcome i know it is engineering but not very sure which field ..

hi everyone

I have a question here where i can't solve by myself because i have no basic of physic and not really understand the question because my lecturer teach most of the formulas and counting :(

what are the various units of stress used in structural engineering. provide tables showing some conversions from old units to SI units or others if available.

what are the various forms of stress that one may find happening in building structures and explain them using sketches or pictures.

1a)calculate the maximum bending stress that can happen in a rectangular timber section of 50mm x 75mm, given length of 3.65 meter simply supported at its ends. the uniform loading on this joist is 23.5 kg/m run.

uniform loading
    lll
    V
    llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllll
    A 3.65 m O
    pinned roller

1B) if the beam is made of malaysia timber, advise if the timber beam would be able to handle this stress. if not, propose what type of materials would be able to handle this type of stress.

545627_10150818126266935_517541934_9814863_1819681501_n.jpg

pls if everyone know how to answer this question because i really no idea

If you have "no basic of physic" you should not even be in the class. You will not find answers to homework here. Sorry.

Associate Engineer
    I don't even understand how you can sign up for a strength/mechanics of materials class and not have had a physics class..

Technical Fellow
    This may sound unkind, but you need to stop wasting your time with that course. If you do not have a natural affinity towards Math and Physics then it will only get worse, harder and then impossible to manage for you.

You need to get some vocational guidance on your natural skill sets and follow a different direction.

How did you get in this class? Don't you have a textbook?

Nothing special about this question - you need to read the class textbook and/or seek out the authorized student resources.