If you are on a well, then I assume you also have a Septic tank. A little research will assure you that the Septic tank will be pristine clean and swim-able in with Bleach being fed in. As a Septic tank to process waste however, it will be useless. I read somewhere that as little as six cups of Bleach will kill a 1000 gallon tank of Bacteria completely. Even worse apparently, is Liquid Plumber type stuff, which takes barely a cup full. I have no first hand experience of either of those issues as I would not use either in our Septic system. Also, a lot of toilet flushing system seals are attacked by Bleach.
I do not know much about the Hydrogen Peroxide approach, but I do purge our pump, filters and softener system with it about once a year or two. We have an Iron Bacteria problem that leaves a red stain on everything. Being a Bacteria, it is virtually impossible to filter, so trying to maintain some control is about as good as it gets. after purging with Hydrogen Peroxide, I always flush to ground rather than let it get in to the Septic system.
You can shock your well with Bleach if you have to, but be sure you flush it to ground before reconnecting it to the house supply.
We have two filters, 20-Microns and 5-Microns and a salt-charged softener. Drinking water is further filtered using a jug-type activated Carbon filter.