Thread: What is the average cost to build a water treatment facility?

Banned

What is the average cost to build a water treatment facility?

Hello all,

How can one determine the typical cost to build and operate a water treatment facility? Also, based on the capacity of the water treatment plant, how many housholds can the typical plant accommodate?

Thanks,
    Harry
    Last edited by administrator; 07-02-2012 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Edited for uniquness..

Last time I checked their catalog, Water Treatment Facilities R Us didn't have a prepackaged price...

My guess would be the cost of a water treatment facility is driven greatly by the number of users it will service. It will also be driven by the quality of the water it will be treating and the quality of the water it will be dispensing. Another cost-bearing consideration will be the facility's proximity (topography and geograpy) to the end users and the pumps and capacity required to service the end users.

Considering all these variables, I don't think it would be easy to establish an "average" cost per facility.

Ron

I've been lurking for a few months now and I have the weirdest feeling that, somewhere in the world, there is a saltwater pool being built by contractors that have absolutely no idea what they're doing.

Associate Engineer
    We can not determine the specific cost for a generic water treatment works, the computation cost depends on the capacity to use, treated water quality requirements, water quality input