Thread: Steel plate gauge for 35kg load?

Associate Engineer

Steel plate gauge for 35kg load?

Hi, I need to hang two steel brackets similar to this one:

to a wall, with the long edges in the horizontal position. One plate below the other.
    Then I'll fix a 35kg load on them, spread as follows: eight screws, two on the left and two on the right of each plate.

My question is what is a safe gauge (e.g., thickness) for the plates.
    The plate edges would be about 50x180mm.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by phloaw; 06-19-2021 at 11:19 AM. Reason: better image

Hi Pholoaw
    send me a sketch of what is in your mind and then I can simulate it in ANSYS software. so you can have the exact and trustable answer. My question is :are you going to use something like as a L shape bracket to keep the plates to the wall?
    Enable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
    or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldRephraseRephrase current sentenceEdit in Ginger×

Associate Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by gholambaghery222 View Post
    Hi Pholoaw
    send me a sketch of what is in your mind and then I can simulate it in ANSYS software. so you can have the exact and trustable answer. My question is :are you going to use something like as a L shape bracket to keep the plates to the wall?
    Hi, thank for your kind offer. I'll see if I manage to sketch something. To answer your question: the plates will be fixed to a 38mm timber stud behind the plasterboard, via the central holes.

Associate Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by gholambaghery222 View Post
    Hi Pholoaw
    Hi, thank for your kind offer. I'll see if I manage to sketch something. To answer your question: the plates will be screwed to a 38mm timber stud behind the plasterboard, via the central holes.