Thread: Emails I sometimes get...

Emails I sometimes get...

I've been operating the Engineers Edge website for almost 18 years. Over this time I have received an unknown number of comments, feed back posts, and suggestions - most of which is fully appreciated.

Very often the best advice I have received are from our visitors and regular members.

Anyway, today I got an interesting email from a visitor who was quite upset that Engineers Edge uses JavaScript on our webpages.

For those of you who don't know, JavaScript is code placed on a webpage that is executed by the visitors browser. JavaScript was initially pretty basic, and was used for things like alert boxes and menus that appeared when you hovered your mouse over elements on the page. However, JavaScript has become much more than that. It’s the language that powers modern web apps, allowing web pages to dynamically load and send content in the background without page loads and do other dynamic, interactive things. Most websites use JavaScript to provide various features.

Please Note that JavaScript isn’t the same thing as Java.

There are all sorts of applications that I use to deliver the best experience possible and JavaScript is the most popular scripting language used on the internet just ahead of php.

The email I received is image posted below.

I can assure everybody, that JavaScript used on Engineers Edge is all in the interest of bringing you a quality experience.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

Wow! I've heard JavaScript referred to in many ways but "offensive" is a first.

I wouldn't know JavaScript from swiss cheese, but I'm happy with the way you operate the forum Kelly. Keep it up and don't let the _astards get you down.

"Use this doll and show us where JavaScript touched you".

The only response to an email like that is a big, fat LOL. If it were that bad, this place wouldn't get half of the traffic it does.

The internet works without JavaScript? I've tried long ago and it was pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    "Use this doll and show us where JavaScript touched you".
    I just got it! That's funny!
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

Nice. Got there in the end

Associate Engineer
    we already knew that javascript is not same like java, it is scripting language while java is oop programming language mostly used for developing desktop applications, but we can't den the role of javascript in web development it performs core functionality .