Thread: Unable to figure out the flatness tolerance specified for an equipment mounting

alphonsejoe

:bash: Unable to figure out the flatness tolerance specified for an equipment mounting

I have received a requirement for preparing the equipment foundation with flatness as below.

Specified tolerances
    ± 0.7 mm ± 0.21 angle ± 1°

Unable to figure out why two values are specified for flatness tolerance. Please can someone give an insight into this flatness tolerance specified.

Thanks in advance
    Alphonse

Is it specifically called "Flatness"? This is a construction / Architectural drawing?

alphonsejoe
    Quote Originally Posted by Cragyon View Post
    Is it specifically called "Flatness"? This is a construction / Architectural drawing?
    Actually we had asked for the flatness tolerance as this was missing in the drawing, We then got the response from vendor
    "Specified tolerances on
    ± 0.7 mm ± 0.21 angle ± 1°"

Thank you for the response...

alphonsejoe
    Quote Originally Posted by alphonsejoe View Post
    Actually we had asked for the flatness tolerance as this was missing in the drawing, We then got the response from vendor
    "Specified tolerances on
    ± 0.7 mm ± 0.21 angle ± 1°"

Thank you for the response...
    It was a drawing for mounting of an equipment which needs a foundation with normally very fine flatness tolerances

Thanks

Is there an engineering drawing dimensioning and tolerancing standard specified? ASME Y14.5 or ISO 1101?
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

alphonsejoe
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Bramble View Post
    Is there an engineering drawing dimensioning and tolerancing standard specified? ASME Y14.5 or ISO 1101?
    No standards mentioned.

The specification does not have any known meaning to any dimensioning and tolerancing standard I'm familiar with.

You should consult with the engineering drawing creator and request a written specification on how to interpret and measure to the specified flatness provided.
    Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.