1. Types of fill
2. Foundations on compacted fills
3. Compaction requirements
4. Placing and control of backfill
5. Fill settlements
6. Hydraulic fills
Upon completion of this course you will:
• Learn about the different methods for compacting fills for foundations;
• Learn about the types of fill and when their use is applicable;
• Learn the methods and techniques used to construct foundations on compacted fills;
• Learn the different compaction requirements for fills and backfills depending on the soil type used and the nature of the foundation to be constructed;
• Learn the fundamentals of placing and controlling fill and backfill;
• Learn how to accommodate and control fill settlement; and
• Learn about hydraulic fills and their application.
This course is intended for civil engineers, structural engineers, geotechnical engineers, geologists and other design and construction professionals wanting an introduction to methods and techniques for fill and backfill construction for foundations and footings for buildings and structures.