Handbook of Manufacturing Processes
Unlike any other reference, Handbook of Manufacturing Processes is an in-depth compilation of the workings of more than 1500 different manufacturing processes in metalworking, chemicals, textiles, plastics, ceramics, electronics, wood and food industries; as well as how more than 600 important products, components, materials are made. Logically organized in two sectionsa process section and a products sectionit describes clearly and succinctly the operations performed in the worlds factories. Heavily illustrated, it is a comprehensive source of technical manufacturing information that manufacturing engineers and managers, process engineers, and anyone who has an interest in or needs to know about manufacturing operations and products will not easily find anywhere else.
- Features practical, understandable explanations; even for complex processes.
- Includes clear descriptions of how each of 1500 current and recently developed manufacturing processes work, what they do to the material or workpiece that is worked on, what the results are, and where these processes are used and why.
- Explains how 600 products, components or materials are made; including nylon, gasoline, decaffeinated coffee, semiconductors, stainless steel, lasers, and many more.
- Codes text entries in a format that utilizes outline designations carried through to the accompanying illustrations for easy reference.
- Groups related processes together and covers sequential operation in order.
- Includes little or no mathematics.
Published: June, 2007
Section I: Manufacturing Processes
- Casting Processes
- Metal Forming Processes
- Machining Processes
- Processes for Plastics
- Glass and Ceramic Processes
- Woodworking Processes
- Assembly and Fusion (or Joining) Processes
- Finishing Processes (including Heat Treating)
- Paper, Fiber, and Printing Processes
- Textile Processes
- Chemical Processes
- Food Processes
- Processes for Electronic Products
- Advanced Manufacturing Methods
Section II: How Products, Components and Materials Are Made
This section identifies the materials used, and describes the operation sequence and manufacturing methods for many important products, components and materials. Notable products such as aircraft, automobiles, computers, musical instruments, eyeglasses, firearms, jewelry, perfume and shoes are among those included. Components such as lasers, integrated circuits, metal cans, cartons, auto airbags, gears, jet engines, locks, electric motors, solar cells and superconductors are covered. This section also describes the manufacture of many foods including cereals, cheese, spices, and beverages (including alcoholic types), and materials such as plastics, metals and alloys, and important chemicals.
This product was added to our catalog on Sunday 26 September, 2021.