Canadian Seismic Design Steel Structures
Canadian Seismic Design of Steel Structures Spreadsheet Calculator
Note: Accessing this resource requires an active Premium Membership with Engineers Edge
Section 1: Area of equivalent diagonal brace for plate wall analysis (Walls).
Section 2: Design of link in eccentrically braced frames (EBF).
Section 3: Design of Bolted Unstiffened End Plate Connection (BUEP).
Section 4: Design of Bolted Stiffened End Plate Connection (BSEP).
Section 5: Design of Reduced Beam Section Connection (RBS).
Section 6: Force reduction factor for friction-damped systems (Rd_friction).
Valid beam sections for moment-resisting connections (B_sections).
Valid column sections for moment-resisting connections (C_sections).
Valid bolt types for moment-resisting connections (Bolts).
Database of properties of all sections (Sections Table).
- Links are the energy dissipating elements in eccentrically braced frames.
- The link beam must be class 1.
- The probable yield strength of the beam is usually taken as 350 MPa.
- The resistance factor is equal to 0.9 for structural steel.
- The length of the link must not less than its depth.
- Refer to figures to define element dimensions.
- Specify whether the link to be designed corresponds to case "1" or "2" shown in the figures.
- When calculating the spacing between intermediate stiffeners, there are four possible cases to distribute them.
- Design procedure is in accordance with CAN/CSA S16-01.
- Section properties are obtained from the page "Sections Table".
- Enter data in yellow cells.