Filtration Table of Contents
Air filtration or Air Filters are used and design
into gas/air flow systems to remove particulates from
the air flow to what is termed as "air
The use of filters is a simple technique of removing and preventing air born particles from clogging
heating/cooling fins or radiators to as small as 0.1 micron which could cause significant performance degradation in the
air flow system as well as damage the heat exchanger system.
Air filters and filtration techniques are
used for a wide variety of purposes, some of which include:
- Improving the occupants breathable
- Protecting a facilities walls,
ceiling, equipment etc. from air-born particle damage.
- Protecting the contents of occupied
building spaces such as; items of artistic historic or
- Elimination or minimizing fire hazards.
- Improving shelf life of perishable food
products by removing airborne mold.
- Removing airborne bacteria from controlled
environment such operating rooms.
- Filtering or removing air born particulates
which could damage sensitive micro electronic devices
within clean rooms.