Industrial, Testing, and Engineering Equipment
APM® Heating Elements
APM® Alloy Heating Tubes Review
APM® alloy heating tubes are design for extreme high temperature industrial heating environments, APM is iron-chromium-aluminium (Fe-Cr-AI) powder metal alloy. When heated a aluminum oxide layer forms on the outside and inside surfaces of the heating tube. This layer provides protection against the carburization of nickel/chrome. Additionally, the aluminum oxide layer does not form surface flakes or spalling over repeated thermal cycling. The resistance to flaking solves the challenges of loose oxides contaminating the tube resulting in reduced heat transfer. Temperature Range:
Up to 2280° F (1250° C).
- APM® applications and advantages:
- Mechanically rugged having a longer operating life than nickel/chrome heat tubes.
- Resistant to sulfurous atmospheres, carburization, and flaking.
- Thermal shock failure resistant
- Higher power output efficiency and loading
- Widely used in industrial electric and gas ovens and furnaces for ferrous and non-ferrous heat treating applications,melting an other applications where continuous high temperature heat energy is required.