Specialty Graphite Review
Specialty or custom graphite materials and shapes are available within industry. Specialty Graphite may be fine grain extruded graphite principally used for machining and fabrication or in pursuit of complex engineering specifications.
Specialty Graphite is molded and isotropic graphite which is would be supplied in block, round and rod. There are at least four grain sizes. The grain sizes determine grades, which are labeled differently by various manufacturers.
- Armor plating
- Dressing Rolls
- Blow Molding
- Plastic Injection Molding
- Reinforced Fiber Materials
- Glass Manufacturing
- Materials Impregnation
Typical engineering specifications include:
- Flexural Strength
- Compressive strength
- Coefficient of thermal expansion
- Electrical resistivity
- Thermal Conductivity
- Grain Size Average
- Delivered geometry or shape.
Graphite Material Characteristics
- High Thermal shock resistance
- High mechanical strength and impact resistance
- Low friction or sliding properties
- Low wetability with fewer tendencies to stick to selective materials, such as glass.
- Corrosion resistant
- High thermal stability
- Thermal conductivity properties can be changed or modified at manufacturing
- Good porosity characteristics