- Air-Operated Pumps Air operated pumps use compressed air to operate pumping action of the pump.
- API Process Pump Review American Petroleum Institute (API) 610 standard for pumps handling hydrocarbons.
- Centrifugal Pump Centrifugal pumps consist of a stationary pump casing and an impeller mounted on a rotating shaft.
- Chemical Injection Pumps Chemical Injection Pumps are specially designed to operate with specific fluid handling requirements.
- Chopper Pumps Review Chopper pumps are typically operated and designed for specific industrial or agricultural applications.
- End Suction Pumps End suction pumps are one of the most common types of centrifugal pumps.
- Explosion Proof Pumps Review Explosion-proof pumps are available in all pump technologies and types
- Fire Pumps Fire pumps are used to move water through a fire sprinkler system or to manual hose bibs
- Hydraulic Ram Pump for Pumping Water, Operation and Design Premium Membership Required
- Impeller Pump Types Impellers can be either single suction or double-suction.
- Multi-Stage Centrifugal Pump Multi-Stage Centrifugal Pump Review
- Oil mist Eliminators Review Oil Mist Eliminators trap or filter out oil mist
- Peristalic Pumps Review Peristalic pump uses positive displacement to squeeze a leak-proof tube or hose, forcing the pumped fluid through the hose.
- Piston Pump Review Piston pump is a type of reciprocating pump that pressurizes fluid by using reciprocating pistons
- Plastic Pumps Review Plastic pumps are made for applications which require a high level of corrosion or damage resistance
- Pump Power Requirements Spreadsheet Calculator
Requires a Premium Membership to download
- Pump Motor Size Calculator Spreadsheet, Requires an active Premium Membership
- Pump Diffuser Diffuser pump vanes are designed in a manner that the liquid exiting the impeller will encounter an ever increasing flow area
- Self Priming Pumps Self-priming pump is a centrifugal pump that removes the need for external priming
- Slurry Pumps Review Slurry pumps are built to handle thick, abrasive, or solids-filled slurries.
- Submersible Pumps Submersible pumps are designed to function with both pump and motor submerged in the fluid to be pumped.
- Trash Pumps Review Trash pumps, also referred to as sludge pumps, grinder pumps, chopper pumps, or wastewater pumps
- Triplex Pumps Review Triplex pump mechanism contributes to a smooth flow, reduced pressure pulsations, and reduced fatigue
- Vertical Turbine Pumps Vertical turbine pumps are centrifugal pumps designed to move water from an underground reservoir.
- Viscous Liquid Pumps Review Viscous liquids are fluids that have a medium to high viscosity.
Centrifugal Pump Components
- Centrifugal Pump Components General Typical Centrifugal pumps vary in design and construction from simple pumps with relatively few parts to extremely complicated pumps with hundreds of individual parts.
- Pump Wearing Rings To minimize the cost of pump maintenance, many centrifugal pumps are designed with wearing rings.
- Pump Stuffing Box It is not always possible to use a standard centrifugal pumps stuffing box
- Pump Mechanical Seal One common method for sealing a pump shaft is with mechanical seals.
Centrifugal Pump Flow Types
Centrifugal Pump Operation
Positive Displacement Pump
Other Types of Pumps
Pump Design and Analysis