+ADwAIQ-DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC +ACI--//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN+ACIAPg- +ADw-HTML+AD4- +ADw-HEAD+AD4- +ADw-script src+AD0AIg-/utm/+AF8AXw-utm.js+ACI- type+AD0AIg-text/javascript+ACIAPgA8-/script+AD4- +ADwAIQ---+ACM-include virtual+AD0AIg-/utm/header.htm+ACI- --+AD4- +ADw-META NAME+AD0AIg-ROBOTS+ACI- CONTENT+AD0AIg-NOARCHIVE+ACIAPg- +ADw-title+AD4-Re: true position on a round part +AHw- www.engineersedge.com +AHw- Engineering Design Forum+ADw-/title+AD4- +ADw-/head+AD4- +ADw-body+AD4- +ADwAIQ---+ACM-include virtual+AD0AIg-/include/bodytagmanager.htm+ACI- --+AD4- +ADw-center+AD4- +ADw-table width+AD0-605 border+AD0-0 cellpadding+AD0-3 cellspacing+AD0-1+AD4- +ADw-tbody+AD4- +ADw-tr+AD4- +ADw-td valign+AD0-middle width+AD0-111+AD4- +ADw-a href+AD0AIg-/+ACIAPgA8-img border+AD0AIg-0+ACI- src+AD0AIg-/logo2.gif+ACI- width+AD0AIg-137+ACI- height+AD0AIg-44+ACIAPgA8-/td+AD4- +ADw-td valign+AD0-top width+AD0-470 nowrap+AD4- +ADw-p align+AD0AIg-left+ACIAPgA8ACE---+ACM-include virtual+AD0AIg-/banner/468+AF8-60+AF8-iframe.htm+ACI- --+AD4APA-/td+AD4- +ADw-/tr+AD4- +ADw-/tbody+AD4- +ADw-/table+AD4APAAh---+ACM-include virtual+AD0AIg-/include/728+AF8-90+AF8-leaderboard+AF8-forum.htm+ACI- --+AD4- +ADw-center+AD4- +ADw-h1+AD4-Re: true position on a round part+ADw-/h1+AD4- +ADw-/center+AD4- +ADw-hr size+AD0-7 width+AD0-75+ACUAPg- +AFs- +ADw-a href+AD0AIg-/+ACIAPg-Home+ADw-/a+AD4- +AF0AWw- +ADw-a href+AD0AIg-/wwwboard/wwwboard+AF8-archive2.html+ACIAPg-Forum Archive+ADw-/a+AD4- +AF0- +AFs- +ADw-a href+AD0AIg-/wwwboard/wwwboard.html+ACIAPg-Active Engineering Forum+ADw-/a+AD4- +AF0APA-/center+AD4- +ADw-hr size+AD0-7 width+AD0-75+ACUAPgA8-p+AD4- Posted By+ADwAIg- +ACIAPg-Rob B+ADw-/a+AD4- on August 09, 2002 at 18:25:44:+ADw-p+AD4- In Reply to: +ADw-a href+AD0AIg-407.html+ACIAPg-true position on a round part+ADw-/a+AD4- posted byFrank on July 24, 2002 at 15:33:41:+ADw-p+AD4- To qualify your bore you must determine the axis(i.e. the center) of the round part then find the axis of your bore. The .005+ACI- represents a round area with a diameter of .005, and its centerline coincident with that of the part. Then, the centerline of the bore you drilled must lie within this circular area. Runout is also a valid callout with similar results. BTW, there are 2 runout terms, circular and total runout, the latter of which is more controlling. For runout the .005+ACI- is total indicator reading, not plus/minus. Hoped this helped. I'm not an expert either so someone will probably have a better explanation.+ADw-p+AD4-: I'm not trained in this field.+ADw-br+AD4-: My question relates to the determining true position of a bore in the center of a round part. I have people telling me different things. If a part has a callout of .005 true postion of the bore, I'm thinking a simple way to measure is runout. But is the run out max at .005 or .005 (.010 run out) This situation is more clear to me on a flat part with X and Y coordinates. The round part is confusing me. +ADw-p+AD4- +ADw-br+AD4- +ADw-br+AD4APA-hr size+AD0-7 width+AD0-75+ACUAPgA8-p+AD4- +ADw-a name+AD0AIg-followups+ACIAPg- Follow Ups +ADw-/a+AD4APA-br+AD4- +ADw-ul+AD4APAAh---insert: 456--+AD4- +ADw-/ul+AD4APAAh---end: 456--+AD4- +ADw-br+AD4APA-hr size+AD0-7 width+AD0-75+ACUAPgA8-p+AD4- +ADw-a name+AD0AIg-postfp+ACIAPg- +ADw-/a+AD4APA-p+AD4- +ADw- +ACIAPg- +ADw-input type+AD0-hidden name+AD0AIg-followup+ACI- value+AD0AIg-407,456+ACIAPg- +ADw-input type+AD0-hidden name+AD0AIg-origname+ACI- value+AD0AIg-Rob B+ACIAPg- +ADw-input type+AD0-hidden name+AD0AIg-origemail+ACI- value+AD0AIg- +ACIAPg- +ADw-input type+AD0-hidden name+AD0AIg-origsubject+ACI- value+AD0AIg-Re: true position on a round part+ACIAPg- +ADw-input type+AD0-hidden name+AD0AIg-origdate+ACI- value+AD0AIg-August 09, 2002 at 18:25:44+ACIAPg- +ADw-input type+AD0-hidden name+AD0AIg-subject+ACI- value+AD0AIg-Re: Re: true position on a round part+ACIAPg- Subject: +ADw-b+AD4-Re: Re: true position on a round part+ADw-/b+AD4APA-p+AD4- Comments:+ADw-textarea name+AD0AIg-body+ACI- COLS+AD0-50 ROWS+AD0-10+AD4- : To qualify your bore you must determine the axis(i.e. the center) of the round part then find the axis of your bore. The .005+ACY-quot+ADs- represents a round area with a diameter of .005, and its centerline coincident with that of the part. Then, the centerline of the bore you drilled must lie within this circular area. Runout is also a valid callout with similar results. BTW, there are 2 runout terms, circular and total runout, the latter of which is more controlling. For runout the .005+ACY-quot+ADs- is total indicator reading, not plus/minus. Hoped this helped. I'm not an expert either so someone will probably have a better explanation. : : I'm not trained in this field. : : My question relates to the determining true position of a bore in the center of a round part. I have people telling me different things. If a part has a callout of .005 true postion of the bore, I'm thinking a simple way to measure is runout. But is the run out max at .005 or .005 (.010 run out) This situation is more clear to me on a flat part with X and Y coordinates. The round part is confusing me. +ADw-/textarea+AD4- +ADw-p+AD4- +AFs- +ADw-a href+AD0AIg-/+ACIAPg-Home+ADw-/a+AD4- +AF0AWw- +ADw-a href+AD0AIg-/wwwboard/wwwboard+AF8-archive2.html+ACIAPg-Forum Archive+ADw-/a+AD4- +AF0- +AFs- +ADw-a href+AD0AIg-/wwwboard/wwwboard.html+ACIAPg-Active Engineering Forum+ADw-/a+AD4- +AF0APA-/center+AD4- +ADwAIQ---+ACM-include virtual+AD0AIg-/include/cw-bar-engfor.htm+ACI- --+AD4- +ADw-/body+AD4APA-/html+AD4-