+ADwAIQ-DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC +ACI--//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN+ACIAPg- +ADw-HTML+AD4- +ADw-HEAD+AD4- +ADw-script src+AD0AIg-/utm/+AF8AXw-utm.js+ACI- type+AD0AIg-text/javascript+ACIAPgA8-/script+AD4- +ADwAIQ---+ACM-include virtual+AD0AIg-/utm/header.htm+ACI- --+AD4- +ADw-META NAME+AD0AIg-ROBOTS+ACI- CONTENT+AD0AIg-NOARCHIVE+ACIAPg- +ADw-title+AD4-Re: Uncertainty Quantification +AHw- www.engineersedge.com +AHw- Engineering Design Forum+ADw-/title+AD4- +ADw-/head+AD4- +ADw-body+AD4- +ADwAIQ---+ACM-include virtual+AD0AIg-/include/bodytagmanager.htm+ACI- --+AD4- +ADw-center+AD4- +ADw-table width+AD0-605 border+AD0-0 cellpadding+AD0-3 cellspacing+AD0-1+AD4- +ADw-tbody+AD4- +ADw-tr+AD4- +ADw-td valign+AD0-middle width+AD0-111+AD4- +ADw-img border+AD0AIg-0+ACI- src+AD0AIg-/logo2.gif+ACI- width+AD0AIg-137+ACI- height+AD0AIg-44+ACIAPgA8-/td+AD4- +ADw-td valign+AD0-top width+AD0-470 nowrap+AD4- +ADw-p align+AD0AIg-left+ACIAPgA8ACE---+ACM-include virtual+AD0AIg-/banner/468+AF8-60+AF8-iframe.htm+ACI- --+AD4APA-/td+AD4- +ADw-/tr+AD4- +ADw-/tbody+AD4- +ADw-/table+AD4APAAh---+ACM-include virtual+AD0AIg-/include/728+AF8-90+AF8-leaderboard+AF8-forum.htm+ACI- --+AD4- +ADw-center+AD4- +ADw-h1+AD4-Re: Uncertainty Quantification+ADw-/h1+AD4- +ADw-/center+AD4- +ADw-hr size+AD0-7 width+AD0-75+ACUAPg- +AFs- +ADw-a href+AD0AIg-/+ACIAPg-Home+ADw-/a+AD4- +AF0AWw- +ADw-a href+AD0AIg-/wwwboard/wwwboard+AF8-archive2.html+ACIAPg-Forum Archive+ADw-/a+AD4- +AF0- +AFs- +ADw-a href+AD0AIg-/wwwboard/wwwboard.html+ACIAPg-Active Engineering Forum+ADw-/a+AD4- +AF0APA-/center+AD4- +ADw-hr size+AD0-7 width+AD0-75+ACUAPgA8-p+AD4- Posted By+ADwAIg- +ACIAPg-Randy Kimball+ADw-/a+AD4- on October 04, 2002 at 22:20:28:+ADw-p+AD4- In Reply to: +ADw-a href+AD0AIg-615.html+ACIAPg-Uncertainty Quantification+ADw-/a+AD4- posted byDr. Ravi Penmetsa on October 04, 2002 at 17:09:56:+ADw-p+AD4- Dr. Penmetsa,+ADw-br+AD4-You are willing to bite off quite a hand full.+ADw-br+AD4-I think such a tool would be useful IF it didn't+ADw-br+AD4-take more time to inter data than it would be worth+ADw-br+AD4-to more than a few industries. I can surely see +ADw-br+AD4-where it would be of use in aerospace where tolerances+ADw-br+AD4-are tight enough to warrant it. However, if you+ADw-br+AD4-take engineers like myself where the product that+ADw-br+AD4-my machines produce are measured in .03+ACI- I have+ADw-br+AD4-no problem designing tools and machines to hold+ADw-br+AD4-such toelerance with ease. I do though, have to +ADw-br+AD4-control the stack of tolerances amoung the inner+ADw-br+AD4-working parts of the macnine itself to avoid the+ADw-br+AD4-possible (it happens) failure to assemble, operate,+ADw-br+AD4-or align a pair of action locations which are several+ADw-br+AD4-moving parts away from each other.+ADw-br+AD4-Point being .. I think it would need to be easy to use+ADw-br+AD4-inexpensive ( to sell many copies) and user friendly.+ADw-br+AD4-If it would meet these criteria, I could be interested.+ADw-br+AD4-If this is an ad for an existing system, you should not +ADw-br+AD4-advertise here, it is prohibited.+ADw-br+AD4- +ADw-br+AD4- +ADw-br+AD4APA-hr size+AD0-7 width+AD0-75+ACUAPgA8-p+AD4- +ADw-a name+AD0AIg-followups+ACIAPg- Follow Ups +ADw-/a+AD4APA-br+AD4- +ADw-ul+AD4APAAh---insert: 616--+AD4- +ADw-/ul+AD4APAAh---end: 616--+AD4- +ADw-br+AD4APA-hr size+AD0-7 width+AD0-75+ACUAPgA8-p+AD4- +ADw-a name+AD0AIg-postfp+ACIAPg- +ADw-/a+AD4APA-p+AD4- +ADw- +ACIAPg- +ADw-input type+AD0-hidden name+AD0AIg-followup+ACI- value+AD0AIg-615,616+ACIAPg- +ADw-input type+AD0-hidden name+AD0AIg-origname+ACI- value+AD0AIg-Randy Kimball+ACIAPg- +ADw-input type+AD0-hidden name+AD0AIg-origemail+ACI- value+AD0AIg- +ACIAPg- +ADw-input type+AD0-hidden name+AD0AIg-origsubject+ACI- value+AD0AIg-Re: Uncertainty Quantification+ACIAPg- +ADw-input type+AD0-hidden name+AD0AIg-origdate+ACI- value+AD0AIg-October 04, 2002 at 22:20:28+ACIAPg- +ADw-input type+AD0-hidden name+AD0AIg-subject+ACI- value+AD0AIg-Re: Re: Uncertainty Quantification+ACIAPg- Subject: +ADw-b+AD4-Re: Re: Uncertainty Quantification+ADw-/b+AD4APA-p+AD4- Comments:+ADw-textarea name+AD0AIg-body+ACI- COLS+AD0-50 ROWS+AD0-10+AD4- : Dr. Penmetsa, : You are willing to bite off quite a hand full. : I think such a tool would be useful IF it didn't : take more time to inter data than it would be worth : to more than a few industries. I can surely see : where it would be of use in aerospace where tolerances : are tight enough to warrant it. However, if you : take engineers like myself where the product that : my machines produce are measured in .03+ACY-quot+ADs- I have : no problem designing tools and machines to hold : such toelerance with ease. I do though, have to : control the stack of tolerances amoung the inner : working parts of the macnine itself to avoid the : possible (it happens) failure to assemble, operate, : or align a pair of action locations which are several : moving parts away from each other. : Point being .. I think it would need to be easy to use : inexpensive ( to sell many copies) and user friendly. : If it would meet these criteria, I could be interested. : If this is an ad for an existing system, you should not : advertise here, it is prohibited. +ADw-/textarea+AD4- +ADw-p+AD4- +AFs- +ADw-a href+AD0AIg-/+ACIAPg-Home+ADw-/a+AD4- +AF0AWw- +ADw-a href+AD0AIg-/wwwboard/wwwboard+AF8-archive2.html+ACIAPg-Forum Archive+ADw-/a+AD4- +AF0- +AFs- +ADw-a href+AD0AIg-/wwwboard/wwwboard.html+ACIAPg-Active Engineering Forum+ADw-/a+AD4- +AF0APA-/center+AD4- +ADwAIQ---+ACM-include virtual+AD0AIg-/include/cw-bar-engfor.htm+ACI- --+AD4- +ADw-/body+AD4APA-/html+AD4-