Posted By<" ">peterN on February 19, 2002 at 09:24:17:
In Reply to: Round plastic box posted byRich Oswald on February 18, 2002 at 13:13:29:
Before you talk any further about this you need to gather the folowing info.
1. Overall depth
2. What the box will be used for.
3 QUANTITIES per month (most important!)
4. Environmental conditions the box will be subject to (oils, liquids, heat, cold, fluids, indoor, outdoor etc etc,.)
5.Describe if an 'as molded' color will be sufficient, or whether there will be additional markings, colorings, paint etc.)
5. You will eventually need an engineering drawing of the box, and maybe a digital model (the drawing is your specification/requirement for parts that you are to receive - if the box does not conform to the drawing, then your molder has in essence not complied to his end of the contract as specified on the drawing - you and the molder may have to collaborate on things like tolerances and materials)
6. Typically, molders contract the building of the tool (mold) so that they will be able to use it in their machinery.
7. Go to plastics.com and search for an appropriate forum there as this will be a better source to help you on your way.
< "> Subject: Re: Re: Round plastic box
[ Home ][ Forum Archive ] [ Active Engineering Forum ]
© Copyright 2000 - 2020, by Engineers Edge, LLC All rights reserved. Disclaimer