Share |

Re: Surface Finish

[ Follow Ups ] [ [ Home ][ Forum Archive ] [ Active Engineering Forum ] [ Design & Engineering Data ]

Posted by Randy Kimball ( on November 28, 2002 at 12:18:38:

In Reply to: Surface Finish posted by George Bradley on November 27, 2002 at 12:07:18:

Yes indeed. The most popular one is a small card
about 6" tall by 2.5" wide with several small machined
squares bonded to it and labeled. You purchase
them through machine shop supply houses (there are
several on-line). Please, realize these pocket
gauge guides are for reference only and are usually
very accurate but are are for touch and feel and
will not qualify under any quality control system.
Also, you must never use one to calibrate a finish
roughness system of any kind. They are not very expensive.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

< "> Subject: Re: Re: Surface Finish


[ Follow Ups ] [ [ Home ][ Forum Archive ] [ Active Engineering Forum ]

© Copyright 2000 - 2018, by Engineers Edge, LLC All rights reserved.  Disclaimer