Design and Engineering Forum
[Home] [Design Resources]
[ POSTING POLICY / RULES ][Archive#1] [Archive #2] [Archive #3] [Calculators]

you know . . . a whachamacallit!
Post Reply   Forum
Posted by: john643338
07/02/2004, 08:20:24

Author Profile Mail author Edit

Hey designers,

Is there a "real" name for those angular clamp pieces that are commonly used in musical stands and booms?  I'm talking about a pair of parts with radial teeth features that when held together (commonly with an axial screw of some type) fix the relative angle of the two parts. 

Secondly, is there some place that sells such a part that I could integrate into my design?

Thanks in advance,


Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Rate View All   | Next |

Replies to this message

You mean a Thing - of - ma -Jig
Re: you know . . . a whachamacallit! -- john643338 Post Reply Top of thread Forum
Posted by: Cragyon
07/02/2004, 09:03:02

Author Profile Mail author Edit

I know what you are talking about but, I can't think of the official name.

Have your tried Graingers or MSC Industrial Supply?

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Rate Where am I? Original Top of thread

Powered by Engineers Edge

© Copyright 2000 - 2019, by Engineers Edge, LLC All rights reserved.  Disclaimer