Design and Engineering Forum
[Home] [Design Resources]
[ POSTING POLICY / RULES ][Archive#1] [Archive #2] [Archive #3] [Calculators]

Static Electricity
Post Reply   Forum
Posted by: Rickf

10/15/2004, 03:06:25

Author Profile Mail author Edit

I sit at an office desk on a swivel chair. I have synthetic carpet in my office.

Every time I get up and touch soemthing metalic I get a small shock. Initially I thiought it was the type of shoe I have, however it now occurs no matter what shoe.

Thoughts?







Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Rate View All   | Next |

Replies to this message


Re: Static Electricity Smile
Re: Static Electricity -- Rickf Post Reply Top of thread Forum
Posted by: slingone

10/15/2004, 09:24:38

Author Profile Mail author Edit

Greetings,

One thing you might try is to check the relative humidity in the office. I have noticed that when the humidity decreases to 30% or lower, static electricity increases. Might have to get a humidifier.

 







Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Rate Where am I? Original Top of thread | |
Re: Static Electricity
Re: Re: Static Electricity -- slingone Post Reply Top of thread Forum
Posted by: rjbeng

10/16/2004, 12:13:25

Author Profile Mail author Edit
Correct, humidity or lack of is the main culprit. There is another option to a humidifier though. There are Anti-Static spays available. Either the internet or your local office supply will carry them. Electronic/computer suppliers may also be a source.






Post Reply | Recommend | Alert Rate Where am I? Original Top of thread

Powered by Engineers Edge

© Copyright 2000 - 2018, by Engineers Edge, LLC All rights reserved.  Disclaimer