Mechanical Design, Manufacturing and Engineering Forum
DFM DFA Training and Trainers | Engineering and Design Data | Product Services Directory | Advertise
Engineering Forum | Engineering Specifications Forum | Engineering Jobs
Engineering and Drafting Store | ASME Y14.5M - 1994 GD&T Training
POSTING POLICY / RULES | Archive#1 | Archive #2 | Archive #3 | Calculators | Tell A Friend

Forum Moderators: Administrator

Can someone tell me what this is called?
Post Reply   Forum
Posted by: PhilH

08/31/2005, 09:31:04

Author Profile Mail author Edit
Hi all,
Can anyone out there tell me what the proper name is for the following item?

Item in question:

Sprung, Snap-ring type of object with 'D' section profile and a split to enable fitting to a shaft with suitable groove. When fitted to shaft, it enables the shaft to easily snap into (and out of) 'female' groove in hole. The 'D' section is to allow a gentle lead in/ out.

Basically it's a ring with a split in it.
Is this a standard type of retainig device (like a snap ring), available in standard sizes?


Post Reply | Recommend | Alert  

Powered by Engineers Edge

© Copyright 2000 - 2019, by Engineers Edge, LLC All rights reserved.  Disclaimer