Design and Engineering Forum

Engineering & Drafting Store | Engineering Data | Product Services Directory
Engineering Forum | Engineering Jobs
Engineering News | GD&T Training ASME Y14.5M 1994 | Calculators


Forum Moderators: randykimball, Administrator

Engineering Ruler/Scale
Post Reply   Forum
Posted by: petey

06/14/2006, 20:21:28

Author Profile eMail author Edit

I am verifying some plot plans and designs. They stated it is completed on an Engineering Triangular ruler scale 1"-50'. I don't know how to read the ruler and cannot find any information that explains this. Can you direct me to a website where I can get this information. P.S. It is not an Architect scale....

Post Reply | Tell a Friend (must be logged in) | Alert Admin About Post View All   | Next |

Replies to this message

Re: Engineering Ruler/Scale
Re: Engineering Ruler/Scale -- petey Post Reply Top of thread Forum
Posted by: swearingen

06/15/2006, 09:04:31

Author Profile eMail author Edit

You can use a regular ruler and just multiply by 50. If you read 1 3/8", then the actual dimension is 1.375*50 = 68'-9".

If you get an engineer's scale, turn it to the marks that have a 50 at one end. Line it up with what you want to measure and read the number. If you line it up with my example before, you would see that it would correspond to just under 69' (the marks will be pretty close together, so getting a resolution of 3" is next to impossible).

Post Reply | Tell a Friend (must be logged in) | Alert Admin About Post Where am I? Original Top of thread

Powered by Engineers Edge

© Copyright 2000 - 2017, by Engineers Edge, LLC All rights reserved.  Disclaimer